Meditation (Part 1)

One good thing leads to another. Perhaps same is true for bad things too. However for the time being, let’s focus on good things. While reading an article titled ’12 Powerful Habits I Have Stolen From Ultra-Successful People’, a must read by Tomas Laurinavicius (appeared on observer.com), I realized that if there is one habit which currently I am keeping distance by miles is Meditation. So I decided to give it one more shot.

 Having attempted meditation for a few times in the past and failed miserably (I slept, I couldn’t concentrate, all sorts of other things happened), I had almost decided that it’s not for me. Thanks to the lucidity of the article by Tomas, I was encouraged to download an app called ‘Headspace’ and give it a try. It has been five days since I’m doing it every single day and I’m not complaining. Hence this blog!

‘Headspace’ is very easy to use. It’s simple and calls for a time investment of only 15 minutes each day for the first ten days. The ten days series is free. If you like it, then you can subscribe to the balance stuff. Since I’m only five days old into it, I have no inputs to share as yet on the time and money commitment after this series.

The app uses very simple techniques to take you forward into meditation. More importantly, it’s the message which it spreads that has kept me glued on to it each day. What I have learnt so far is that taming your mind is like taming a wild horse. As you let the horse free and then gently pull the ropes, rather than caging it, something similar works on the mind too. Headspace beautifully teaches you how to let the mind wander for a few seconds and then how to bring it back to the focus. It also trains you on how to treat the thoughts like a moving traffic, which if confronted will cause a great damage, however which if carefully examined and maneuvered can be managed quite diligently.

Well, as I said that I’m only five days old into it, so I’m no authority. At the same time, since the app is beneficial and hugely attractive to go back to, I thought I can also attract you enough to at least give it a try.

Pls. look forward to Meditation (Part 2). I’m looking forward to writing it with some more first-hand experience! Till then happy downloading and getting started!

Comments

  1. Great. Controlling mind over matter is the most difficult thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. Controlling mind over matter is the most difficult thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is surely interesting. the title headspace is very inviting. will surely go by your recommendation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Pls. do share your experience too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My realizations from brooming my house!

The Mask

The power of a strong desire